We use evidenced-based strategies to coach others on writing teaching statements and DEI statements. Crafting these statements provides writers with opportunities to reflect on their current practices and center student learning in the process. We apply our pedagogical expertise and equip writers to vividly articulate their teaching identity and commitment to diversity in their disciplinary contexts. In our consultations, we review drafts and provide non-evaluative feedback and pose self-directed questions for improvement. We look forward to working with you.
Meet Our Consultants
Kaitlyn Farrell Rodriguez (she/her/hers)
Ph.D. Candidate, English
Graduate Teaching Consultant, CTL
Kaitlyn consults with graduate students and postdocs on teaching statements and DEI statements. Learn more about Kaitlyn here.
Michelle Gaston, Ph.D. (she/her/hers)
Assistant Director of Graduate Student Development, CTL
Michelle consults with graduate students, postdocs, and faculty on teaching statements and DEI statements. Learn more about Michelle here.
Schedule a Consultation
Schedule an appointment with one of our consultants here. Graduate students should try to book appointments with Kaitlyn first. In order to maximize our time together, we require you to upload a draft of your teaching and/or diversity, equity, and inclusion statement at least two business days before your appointment.
Resources for Drafting Your Documents
To guide you in your writing process, please visit our Crafting a Teaching Statement page, and our Drafting a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement page, which offer topics and reflective questions to consider in drafting your documents.
- Read more about the University's response to the COVID-19 situation.
- Link to the original Center for Teaching and Learning's "Campus Disruptions" page.
- Refer to Services for Students with Disabilities page for guidance on providing accommodations and instructional continuity.
- Find information and resources about COVID-19 from University Health Services.
- If you need help with professor notification for classes in which you are enrolled, complete this Student Emergency Services form.
- Consult Texas Global page about travel restrictions and international student and scholar considerations.
- Read answers to FAQs about research and research policy from the Office of the Vice President of Research.