Are you interested in applying to the PTF program? Get started here!
The Provost's Teaching Fellows program accepts applications from interested instructors during the Fall semester. Before beginning the application process we highly recommend potential applicants review the program’s most recent Impact Report and check out the Project Directory for more information on who the PTFs are and some of the initiatives fellows have enacted. You can also check out the PTF Calendar for upcoming events.
The application process for the 2023 Provost’s Teaching Fellows cohort has begun! Here’s what you can expect over the coming months as a potential applicant:
- Interested potential applicants must complete the brief Intent Form by November 7th in order to continue with the application process.
- Once the intent form is received, potential applicants will be matched with an Intent Partner who is a current or Alumni PTF. The Intent Partner can answer questions about the program, review applications before submission, and generally support the potential applicant in their decision to apply for the PTF program.
- By mid-November applicants will receive the PTF Application (and evaluation rubric), which they should complete by December 6th in order to be considered. This application includes a portion for the Intent Partner to complete, which should take place before the December 6th deadline.
- The Application Committee will evaluate applications in December, and will meet in January to review the applications and make final selection decisions. Applicants will be notified of their selection or rejection in late January or early February.
- The 2023 Cohort will be inducted into the PTF Program at the annual PTF Showcase, which takes place this year on April 7th.
Are you a current Fellow looking for program information and updates? Find what you need!
Current and Alumni fellows can view the PTF Calendar to see upcoming meetings or contact the Program Coordinator. You can also view and share the 2020-2021 PTF Annual Report.
Do you want more information about the Fellows and how you can collaborate with them? Let’s connect!
There are lots of ways to connect with PTFs for ideas and collaborations:
- Visit the Fellows Directory to see the PTFs in your College, School, or Department
- Visit the Project Directory to explore projects that align with your interests and ideas
- View the 2021-22 Impact Report to learn about a few of the ways the PTFs have contributed to the campus community
- Read the 2020-2021 Annual Report for more details about the program
- Contact Us to talk about specific ideas or program-wide collaborations
New Faculty Symposium
This August the Provost's Teaching Fellows and the Center for Teaching and Learning will host the 42nd annual New Faculty Symposium, UT's campus-wide orientation for incoming faculty. The Symposium takes place every year on the Tuesday and Wednesday before classes start, typically the third week of August. Registration for the 2022 Symposium has begun and is open to all new instructors.
PTF Impact Report
You can view this report to learn more about who the PTFs are, what kinds of initiatives they've created, and a few of the lasting impacts fellows' work has had on the UT teaching and learning community.
Texas Teach Up
Our campus-wide celebration of teaching is now Texas Teach-Up! Formerly known as Eyes on Teaching and Online Teaching Days, Texas Teach-Up has a new name to mark a new chapter as we continue to cultivate a community around teaching among instructors of all levels. This year's Texas Teach-Up takes place on February 7th-8th, 2023,.